Which Do You Think Was the Tweet of the Week?
Our weekly poll is back, bringing you the best conservative political commentary and Hoosier happenings on social media. Each week our staff tries to pick the best tweets out there and ask you, our readers, to crown a champion. We found tweets from Iowa, we found tweets from game show hosts, we found tweets from rumored Presidential candidates, and, go figure, we found one from the Purdue – Notre Dame game last week. We humbly submit this week’s Tweet of the Week nominees.
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 9/19/13)
- @Sully21 - Not a single Founding Father is quoted saying "I started the Independence movement," but today hundreds claim they "started the tea party" (55%, 16 Votes)
- @patsajak - Putin: "I'd like to buy a vowel." Sajak: "Only an O left." Putin: "Never mind. I already own that one." (21%, 6 Votes)
- @iowahawkblog - Got kicked out of a gun shop for open-carrying a Starbucks. (14%, 4 Votes)
- @Furrdue - Mitch Daniels riding his Harley onto the field during the halftime band performance might be the most boss thing ever. (3%, 1 Votes)
- @bccohan - In the age of twitter, the press needs to take a good, long look at their practices. Better to be right, than first. (3%, 1 Votes)
- @SenTedCruz - "I’m always impressed with the courage of anonymous congressional aides." (3%, 1 Votes)
- @hostagehoosier - Of all people, military personnel should be able to carry their firearms while they're at work. #goodgrief (0%, 0 Votes)
- @kmullett - "Don't just accept the rights of citizenship, but the responsibilities as well." @CondoleezzaRice #et13 (1%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 29
First up we have David Burge, a Midwestern blogger who hasn’t blogged much of late. That said, he is always a great source of funny, entertaining and poignant tweets. Joining Burge with his debut on the Hoosier Access Tweet of the Week is legendary game show host Pat Sajak. In addition to his amazing professional accomplishments, Sajak may have the most boring webpage on the entire Internet.
A couple of our more familiar Tweet of the Week faces are back, including our own Hostage Hoosier, Emily Borkholder and former Hoosier politico now living in Tennessee Michael Sullivan. Some new faces include my colleague Kevin Mullett, who had the privilege of hearing former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice speak to those assembled for ExactTarget’s Connections 2013 conference.
Rounding out our nominees are conservative Senator Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) tweeting about his frustration with anonymous sources – the mothers’ milk of modern journalism. We also have the Republican National Committee’s social media director Brittany Cohan urging reporters to exercise caution while reporting on the tragedy at the Washington Navy Yard. Finally, we have our semi-regular Purdue tweet from Purdue sophomore Colin Furr sharing his thoughts on how former Governor and current Purdue President Mitch Daniels made his entrance during halftime of the Notre Dame game.
Please send us your nominations during the week. We’ll accept them until Thursday evening when we’ll huddle up and vote on the best. We’ll keep this poll open until Sunday evening and announce the results the next day.
This post was tagged under: Tweet of the Week