Tweet of the Week Time – Vote Now!
While we took a hiatus from our weekly Tweet of the Week competition, we’re back this week in strong form! While there’s a dash of sports in this week’s crop of nominees, most of the choices that made the cut discuss politics from the New York mayoral election to the debate about military strikes on Syria. The folks who were selected for you to choose from include a Hoosier Access editor, a former contributor to Hoosier Access, a Hoosier political activist, a Fort Wayne radio personality, the public policy director for an advocacy group and more!
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 9/12/13)
- @KylieWOWO - So Putin uses our free press to "lecture" us when common Russian people have no such luxury to scrutinize their government? #irony (55%, 23 Votes)
- @chefbrink - "I wonder what's next for Anthony Weiner?" ~ nobody (10%, 4 Votes)
- @DanIsett - Don't worry, y'all: Barack told Vladimir he'd have more flexibility in his second term. (7%, 3 Votes)
- @jaykenworthy - If Brent Musburger introducing a stoned Eminem doesn't break the internet, I don't know what will. (7%, 3 Votes)
- @PeteSeat - Anncr: It's 3am. The president's phone rings. Boehner: Hello? Anncr: And it's forwarded to Congress. (7%, 3 Votes)
- @comradescott - BREAKING: George Zimmerman accused of using chemical weapons against his estranged wife. President Obama to hold presser at 1700EST. #tcot (7%, 3 Votes)
- @jacobperry - The paranoid side of me is just waiting for some Republican to make a comment about rape today (5%, 2 Votes)
- @FigDrewton - "Somewhere between a pin prick and totally not Iraq or Libya. That should do the trick." (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 42
Dan Isett is the public policy director for the Parents Television Council, an advocacy group that works to promote and restore responsibility and decency to the entertainment industry. He’s the first of many of our Tweets about the controversy surrounding Syria. Kylie Havens wears many hats at Federated Media’s stations K105 and the popular news-talk 1190 WOWO AM (and now 92.3 FM). A young but vocal conservative voice in Fort Wayne radio, she shares her opinion on Putin’s views on “free speech.”
The Hoosier Access delegation managed to get two submissions through. Former contributor and full-time Floridian Jacob Perry, principal at The Jacob Perry Group, LLC brings us a Tweet that echoes some of the lowlights of the 2012 Senate races. Current Hoosier Access editor Matt Brinkman brings a bit of humor to the result from the New York City mayoral elections.
We also have Jay Kenworthy, a Hoosier politico brings us his take on Eminem’s appearance in the booth during the Notre Dame – Michigan game. Indiana Republican Party communications chief Pete Seat makes a return to the Tweet of the week competition with his take on how President Obama is handling foreign policy.
Finally we have “DrewOrleans Saints” and the self-described “World’s Funniest Polymath” Comrade Scott rounding out the nominees with more takes on the how the President is handling the situation in Syria.
We accept submissions for the Tweet of the Week from Thursday night to the following Thursday. Then we collect the nominations and our Writers Guild and Editorial Board vote to narrow the field to the best choices for your consideration. Voting opens midday Friday and ends Sunday evening. To submit a nomination, just use our contact form or send it to us via Twitter.
This post was tagged under: Tweet of the Week