Indiana Getting Sued…Again? – Open Item
Good morning! Today is the 24th of August and this is your open item.
According to our friends over at the Indiana Business Journal, Planned Parenthood is suing the state of Indiana over the abortion pill law. Their argument is that the law targets a specific one of their clinics. Quoting directly from the IBJ piece:
The federal lawsuit filed Thursday claims the law violates equal protection rights because it requires the Planned Parenthood clinic in Lafayette to meet the same standards as surgical abortion clinics but doesn’t apply those rules to the offices of doctors who distribute the abortion pill.
Surgical abortions aren’t done at the Lafayette clinic. Planned Parenthood officials maintain the only purpose of requiring it to have separate procedure and recovery rooms is to restrict women’s access to the abortion pill.
Our very own Scott Tibbs will dive a little deeper into the abortion issue on Monday morning.
Our Tweet of the Week poll is open and is awaiting your votes! You can vote until tomorrow night.
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 8/22/13)
- @UberFacts - It would take about 76 8-hour work days for the average person to read through all the “Terms and Conditions” they agree to in a year. (50%, 2 Votes)
- @n1goodwin1 - Why live in a state that taxes success? #ProudHoosier - @WSJ lauds #INLegis for repealing #deathtax http://ow.ly/o6FZY (25%, 1 Votes)
- @Leo_Morris1 16 Aug 70+ percent of journalism grads don't read newspapers, mags, books. http://washingtonexaminer.com/study-journalism-grads-dont-read-newspapers-mags-books/article/2534241 … If we d (25%, 1 Votes)
- @ChrisRBarron - Barron Doctrine: Step 1 - Egypt gets no $. Step 2 - there is no step 2 (0%, 0 Votes)
- @TiredmamainNC - Stop. You're past embarrassing yourselves. MT @washingtonpost: "They just don't like him because he's black..." http://wapo.st/18zQ9nw (0%, 0 Votes)
- @bdomenech - Sitting across from youngster with GW journalism degree. Graduated two years ago. Experience on resume: 100 percent internships. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 4
Did we miss something? Put it in the comments section!
This post was tagged under: Indiana Politics