Running Out of…Phone Numbers? – Open Item
Southern Indiana has officially run out of phone numbers with the 812 area code. The Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission said that the new area code, 930, will be used to overlay the 812 area. Bloomington, Terre Haute and Mike Pence’s own Columbus are included in the zone where this new are code will be used.
This is not a bad thing though. It means that there are more people applying for phone numbers which means that technically there should be more people moving into that part of the state. The downside? People in the overlay area will have to use the full 10 digit phone number to contact each other now.
In an opinion article by Logan Judy, a Summer Reporter for Purdue’s The Exponent, was posted yesterday covering the validity of the claims against Mitch Daniels. Judy takes the position that many people have thought or said privately…that the claims against former Governor Daniels aren’t based on hard facts. To read the entire opinion piece, click here.
Don’t forget to vote in the Tweet of the Week poll! Currently, a tweet about Purdue football has a commanding lead by the weekend is still early. Vote now and encourage your friends to do so as well. The voting will close Sunday night.
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 8/1/13)
- @CEmmaFOX - Darrell Hazell: "#Purdue is always a team that’s perceived in the middle of the Big Ten. ... We’re going to climb out of the middle." (65%, 17 Votes)
- @jimgeraghty - Lincoln Memorial vandalizers laugh now, but they'll regret it tonight when the statue arises, tracks their scent, and takes his vengeance. (15%, 4 Votes)
- @cmatthewspolls - It's a fair point: in '12 R candidates accountable for Akin/Mourdock. But Weiner, Spitzer, Filner...media not asking other Ds to denounce (12%, 3 Votes)
- @chrisfaulkner - The Global Sharknado Threat-the infographic you were not really waiting for... http://shar.es/ynCn3 via @visually (4%, 1 Votes)
- @cewise84 - Some of you sound highly irrational all the time. I bet that's exhausting. (4%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 26
Did we miss something? Something you want to add or comment on? Use the comments section below! We love it when our readers interact with us!
This post was tagged under: Indiana Politics