Indiana Becoming a Fly-To State? – Open Item
Good Morning. Today is the 30th of June and this is your Open Item.
According to the Indianapolis Star, Indiana is going to be lowering the cost of aviation fuel. Currently, aviation fuel (as well as aircraft servicing and maintenance) is subject to the 7% sales tax currently on the books. The plan is to exempt aviation fuel, services and maintenance from the 7% sales tax and instead place a 10 cent a gallon flat excise tax on aviation fuel.
This afternoon, be looking for Rob Burgess to take a step back from the political posts and share a personal experience.
Also, make sure you vote in the Tweet of the Week poll. Currently, David Keller has a commanding lead but anything can change.
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 6/27/13)
- @davidkeller - You know what I'd like to see from conservative lawmakers? The hiring of conservatives on their staff, also. (58%, 15 Votes)
- @iowahawkblog - Before abbreviating "you" as "u", take a moment to consider whether those 2 saved keystrokes are worth appearing an illiterate moron. (19%, 5 Votes)
- @bethanyshondark - I cannot even stomach the fundraising email I just got from OFA about Wendy Davis's filibuster. Late term abortion as healthcare. Sick. (12%, 3 Votes)
- @WOWOCharly - I believe most Americans would be more upset by the canceling of a reality show than anything that has happened with the Gobment this week (8%, 2 Votes)
- @DepressedDarth - Kim and Kanye named their baby North West. In related news, the Death Star now has a good enough reason to destroy Earth (4%, 1 Votes)
- @ronswanson2012 - It's time for me to put all of the speculation to rest: I will NOT be the next Chairman of the State Republican Party (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 26
This post was tagged under: Indiana Politics