Officer Hands Duty Weapon to Civilian – Open Item
Good Morning! Today is the 29th of June and this is your Open Item.
It was widely reported yesterday that a Richmond police officer relinquished his duty weapon to a civilian in order for a wounded deer to be spared terrible pain after being injured. According to the report, there was a crowd of 10 to 12 people surrounding this injured animal and witnessed the officer in question draw his department – issued firearm and hand it to a gentleman who claimed to have a concealed weapons permit in the state of Ohio.
In other news, Mitch Harper, a councilman from Fort Wayne as well a declared candidate for mayor, wrote an op-ed titled We Can Do Better to Protect Taxpayers. The op-ed was in response to a tax increase in Allen County that was passed this past Tuesday night. Harper had released a plan with fellow councilmember, Russ Jehl, that would have adequately funded Fort Wayne priorities without increasing the burden on taxpayers. Look for a in-depth recap of this op-ed later this weekend.
And finally, do not forget that it is time to vote for Hoosier Access’ Tweet of the Week! There were a lot of good nominees announced yesterday including a couple fictional character parody accounts! Make sure you vote because polling will close Sunday night!
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 6/27/13)
- @davidkeller - You know what I'd like to see from conservative lawmakers? The hiring of conservatives on their staff, also. (58%, 15 Votes)
- @iowahawkblog - Before abbreviating "you" as "u", take a moment to consider whether those 2 saved keystrokes are worth appearing an illiterate moron. (19%, 5 Votes)
- @bethanyshondark - I cannot even stomach the fundraising email I just got from OFA about Wendy Davis's filibuster. Late term abortion as healthcare. Sick. (12%, 3 Votes)
- @WOWOCharly - I believe most Americans would be more upset by the canceling of a reality show than anything that has happened with the Gobment this week (8%, 2 Votes)
- @DepressedDarth - Kim and Kanye named their baby North West. In related news, the Death Star now has a good enough reason to destroy Earth (4%, 1 Votes)
- @ronswanson2012 - It's time for me to put all of the speculation to rest: I will NOT be the next Chairman of the State Republican Party (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 26
This post was tagged under: Indiana Politics