It’s Time to Decide on the Best Tweet of the Week
It will be tough to top last week’s spirited competition for Tweet of the Week, but we have six nominees that reflect a nice balance of Hoosiers, fictional characters and national commentators. They touch on everything from proper grammar (a recurring theme with our nominees) to escaped zoo animals to the debacle in the Texas Senate earlier this week. You can vote on the nominees below:
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 6/27/13)
- @davidkeller - You know what I'd like to see from conservative lawmakers? The hiring of conservatives on their staff, also. (58%, 15 Votes)
- @iowahawkblog - Before abbreviating "you" as "u", take a moment to consider whether those 2 saved keystrokes are worth appearing an illiterate moron. (19%, 5 Votes)
- @bethanyshondark - I cannot even stomach the fundraising email I just got from OFA about Wendy Davis's filibuster. Late term abortion as healthcare. Sick. (12%, 3 Votes)
- @WOWOCharly - I believe most Americans would be more upset by the canceling of a reality show than anything that has happened with the Gobment this week (8%, 2 Votes)
- @DepressedDarth - Kim and Kanye named their baby North West. In related news, the Death Star now has a good enough reason to destroy Earth (4%, 1 Votes)
- @ronswanson2012 - It's time for me to put all of the speculation to rest: I will NOT be the next Chairman of the State Republican Party (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 26
Ron Swanson, a character on NBC’s Indiana-based sitcom Parks & Recreation, inspired a Ron Swanson in 2012 “gubernatorial campaign”. Even though the campaign is over, “Swanson” continues to grace us with his highly accurate portrayal of how the character would react to Indiana news and events. Our other character from the world of fiction is “Depressed Darth” – one of many Darth Vader parody Twitter accounts. His tweet refers to the name Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to name their baby.
Both of our Hoosier nominees happen to be from Fort Wayne. WOWO radio host Charly Butcher has been on the air for a number of years and just recently celebrated his 10th anniversary anchoring Fort Wayne’s Morning News with Charly Butcher at WOWO. David Keller is active in building up church communities but finds time to get involved with different candidates. He helped with the Pence campaign and before that was widely credited for his assistance in Paula Hughes’ unsuccessful Fort Wayne mayoral campaign.
David Burge is based in Iowa and is an active tweeter and occasional blogger. He wins the grammar-based Tweet of the Week nomination. While this isn’t an official category, it just seems like one of these makes it in each week. Bethany Mandel is an orthodox Jewish woman who is passionate about conservative politics. She runs the social media behind Commentary Magazine and pays homage to the awesomeness of bacon with her personal blog, Kosher Girl in a Bacon World.
This post was tagged under: Tweet of the Week