Keep Your Eyes Open – Open Item
Good Morning! Today is Sunday the 23rd of June and here are somethings you should keep your eyes on in the near future.
1.) According to the political publication “The Hill”, Congresswoman Jackie Walorski (R-IN2) might being seeing a challenge from last year’s opponent in the 2014 midterms. While Walorski’s term has been filled with a lot of positive notes, it is important to remember that she won her race by a little more than 2% of the vote while the GOP Presidential Nominee, Mitt Romney, won the same district by 14%.
2.) Today is the LAST day for you to vote in our poll for who should be honored with this week’s Tweet of the Week. Make sure you vote for your favorite.
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 6/20/13)
- @jacobperry - You want more conservatives in office who share your beliefs? Learn basic campaign fundamentals so you can actually win elections. (47%, 25 Votes)
- @keder - I'd like to see Republicans introduce a bill banning abortion after birth just to see how many Democrats vote against it. (28%, 15 Votes)
- @ExJon - Twitter has created unrealistically high standards for what I consider breaking news. "Dude, that's like 12 minutes old!!!" (9%, 5 Votes)
- @IMAO_ - Fun Fact: Joe Biden was twiced hustled out of all of his savings by a tic-tac-toe-playing chicken. (8%, 4 Votes)
- @JabbaWhockeez - What I hate most about Twitter: finishing a good tweet, having -1 characters left, and then having to decide which grammar crime to commit (6%, 3 Votes)
- @HeardontheHill - "I'D WIRETAP THAT" -- handmade sign flashed on jumbotron @CQRC Congressional Baseball Game #didyoucatchthatPRISM (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 53
3.) Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson’s twitter woes will continue for at least one more news cycle. In an article posted online yesterday by Dan Carden, Lawson contradicted her office’s spokeswoman and said that a campaign related tweet that came from her official Twitter account was not typed or sent by her [Lawson]. She also pledged to get to the bottom of the situation at a Monday morning staff meeting.
4.) If you have not already done so, take a look at Derek Pillie’s article on the U.S. House of Representatives’ consideration of the Farm Bill.
5.) Be looking for an editorial today from the Editors of Hoosier Access in regards to the chairmanship of the Indiana Republican Party.
As always, if there is something we missed or something that you want to add…post it in the comments below! We love to interact with you. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite tweet in this week’s Tweet of the Week poll.
This post was tagged under: Indiana Politics