Who will take Tweet of the Week Honors this Weekend?
With all the excitement around the state this week, most of this weeks’ nominees for Hoosier Access Tweet of the Week focus on national issues or are more of a general nature. That’s said, let’s get down to who we have this week. In spite of lackluster participation last week, we were excited to see that at least one Indiana traditional media outlet basically decided to do the same thing, without involving the community in the process of choosing the winner, or course.
Kevin Eder is back – a former Michigan resident now working in Washington, D.C. Eder always has some insight worth sharing and it’s landed him back in the top six out of all our nominees with his commentary on Democrat opposition to the fetal pain legislation that passed the House of Representatives with minimal support from House Democrats.
Jacob Perry, a Hoosier transplant to Florida where he has set up a political communications shop, went on a few epic rants this week triggered by a Twitter war between a conservative radio host and a national grassroots operative. He had quite a few gems but this one stuck out from the crowd regarding participation in political activities.
I don’t know much about our next nominee – he doesn’t have a huge Twitter following or link to any outside sources, but Isaac Cook does put out a funny Tweet from time to time, and his social media lament caught our attention. West coast-based marketing strategist Jon Gabriel made it past the final cut with a general observation on how social media is changing our expectations and understanding of breaking news.
Heard on the Hill is the long-running, gossip column/soft news section of Capitol Hill publican Roll Call. Their tweet from the annual Congressional baseball game Roll Call sponsors to raise money for charity. Lmao is an anonymous Twitter account that posts humorous content and isn’t necessarily political in nature.
There you have it – you can start voting below:
Which of the below is the best Tweet of the Week? (Week ending 6/20/13)
- @jacobperry - You want more conservatives in office who share your beliefs? Learn basic campaign fundamentals so you can actually win elections. (47%, 25 Votes)
- @keder - I'd like to see Republicans introduce a bill banning abortion after birth just to see how many Democrats vote against it. (28%, 15 Votes)
- @ExJon - Twitter has created unrealistically high standards for what I consider breaking news. "Dude, that's like 12 minutes old!!!" (9%, 5 Votes)
- @IMAO_ - Fun Fact: Joe Biden was twiced hustled out of all of his savings by a tic-tac-toe-playing chicken. (8%, 4 Votes)
- @JabbaWhockeez - What I hate most about Twitter: finishing a good tweet, having -1 characters left, and then having to decide which grammar crime to commit (6%, 3 Votes)
- @HeardontheHill - "I'D WIRETAP THAT" -- handmade sign flashed on jumbotron @CQRC Congressional Baseball Game #didyoucatchthatPRISM (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 53
Be sure to share this poll with your friends to be sure your choice gets top billing! If you see a Tweet you’d like to see nominated for this contest, just send us a note via our comment form. The editors and Writers’ Guild then review the nominees and vote for those that make the final cut for your vote. Voting stays open until Sunday evening and on Monday we’ll announce the winner.
This post was tagged under: Indiana Politics