Conservatives to John McCain: Convince Us!
A grassroots movement is sweeping the country to direct conservatives to this website – www.ConvinceUs.org. National conservative leaders are demanding McCain take the following path to receive their support in the General Election.
We ask you to please encourage us to work FOR your election by letting your actions convince us we can trust you on the issues important to “Common Sense Conservatives.” To that end we have drafted the following Eight “Common Sense Conservative Assurances” – eight opportunities for you to demonstrate you hear and understand our concerns and are willing to govern more from a position of conservative principle than a particular personal ideology. If you are unwilling to demonstrate such assurance in the middle of an election to secure and consolidate your hard working base, we would be naive to believe you would somehow do so if elected President. Thus we stand on these issues and ask for your assurance on:
- Life Assurance: Pledge to support and sign a Human Life Amendment that protects all human life.
- Judicial Assurance: Pledge as President that you would re-nominate the conservative judges your actions sacrificed.
- Taxes Assurance: Words are not enough, SIGN the No New Taxes pledge now.
- Immigration Assurance: Pledge to close and secure the border and to enforce immigration law.
- Free Speech Assurance: Support legislative changes to McCain-Feingold to protect citizens’ free speech, political associations, and activities.
- Marriage Assurance: We ask for your pledge to support a Federal Marriage Amendment.
- Security, Energy and Environment Assurance: Pledge first to open ANWAR to energy exploration and build more refineries in a way that shows proper respect for our environment, and then promise to veto any attempts by Congress to cap CO2 or bind us to international law.
- Respect for Conservatives Assurance: Pledge to dignify the Reagan legacy by respecting ALL conservatives and should you become the Republican nominee publicly offer to make Governor Mike Huckabee your running mate.